With the leaves in all collors falling to the ground, the air all around us turning bitter cold, and the days become shorter to where the sun visits shorter….
It’s fall coming on winter!!! Which means that the bright Summer sunshine will not be back for a few months.
It’s enough to make us feel sad, tired, and just plain unmotivated.
This fall and winter, let’s be the sunshine in the lives of others, as we look forward to Spring. O Spring!!! When the sunshine will be back and new life will spring up!!!
So don’t feel dull in this time of darkness.
The night is nearly over, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness and put on the armor of light.”
Lets be a sunshine to others!!!
How do you be a sunshine in the lives of others???
First, you must know that it is possible. If Yaweh’s Word, the Bible, says so, then we are the light and can shine bright.
“You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do you light a lamp, and put it under a bushel, but on a lampstand; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”
So, let’s be the light of the world!!!
Here are just a few ideas that I have:
1. Remember to constantly be in pray and always studying the Bible. Yahweh will reveal what He wants you to do and when He wants us to do it.
2. Smile. A simple smile can go a long way.
3. Be encouraging and inspiring. There are many who just need a little encouragement in what Yahweh is doing in their lives. A few words can have the power of life and death- Proverbs 18:21. (Just be wary of flattery)
4.Write letters. A good old fashioned, handwritten letter or note can make some one’s day, or week, or month!!!
5. Make Bible Verse Posters.
These are simply a sheet of paper with a Bible verse written on it, designed and made beautiful. They are encouraging to those whom you give them to and all who see them hanging up.
6. Host a party or get-together, just because. Just remember a rule of planning: Be simple. Don’t stress, be the light.
7. Help those who need it. Whether its helping a neighbor with an errand or volunteering at a homeless shelter.
8. Spend time with your family. Sometimes we get so caught up in life, that we forget about our family. Family is important.
9. Baking and cooking. Everyone loves homemade cooking. Bake a neighbor a pie or some little ones a few cookies. Maybe there is someone who would love a home cooked meal.
10. Visit others. There is always someone to visit. Whether it’s your Grandparents or a friend at a nursing home. A visit from you may just be the last bit of sun shine they will see. It will make their day.
Don’t forget to tell others about that Joy that is inside of you. Tell them about Yahweh and His love.
This fall, be the Sunshine!!!
Do you have any more ideas??? Tell us in the comments.