“Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” ~Psalms 119:105
It won’t always be a happily Ever After, because the enemy is always lurking.
But when it comes to studying your Bible, there are ways to keep from being bored with it all.
Let me show you how I have overcome “Bible Boredom”.
(This is part two. If you have not read part one, you can click here: Once upon a Bible.)
So, as you have read in my true story, (Once upon a Bible) I have had a time of “Bible Boredom”.
What did I do to get out of it?
That is what I am going to share with you today.
So, here are 10 things that have inspired me out of boredom and into happily ever after…
1. Firstly, the Bible has no meaning if you don’t know what it is. It’s YAHWEH’s Word, of course!!! How did it become the Bible??? What are the dead sea scrolls??? Are the books of the Bible in the correct order??? What is the history of the Bible??? This is quite fascinating to learn about!!!
2. Pray. Don’t take this lightly. Without praying and seeking, how can you understand the Bible??? Pray that your eyes will be open to the truth. Pray for understanding. And pray that you have the courage to do what the Bible says.
3.Use a concordance. This book is like a dictionary. It shows the meaning of Hebrew and Greek words in English. So you can look up a word to truly understand what it means.
4. Use an interlinear Bible. This certain Bible shows the direct translation of the Bible. It shows the original Hebrew and Greek text, with the English translation right underneath. So you can follow the original text.
5.Find an accountability partner or some one to study with.
6. Join a Bible Study group or begin your own. Truly study the Bible. Begin at the beginning of the Bible, and study it, verse by verse. Use of a concordance, it is extremely helpful.
7. Learn Hebrew and Greek. This is an ambitious goal. But it isn’t as hard as you would imagine it to be. In one week, I learned the entire Hebrew Aleph-Bet. Sure, the next step is a little harder, but it will be worth all the effort to be able to read YAHWEH’S Word in the original Hebrew and Greek.
8.Spend some quiet time with YAHWEH, praying and studying the Bible. It is easy to get caught up in the busyness of life. Don’t let it blind you from what truly matters.
9.I like to highlight verses and Mark pages in my Bible. Sometimes when I need some encouragement, I will flip through my Bible and read the highlights. I use different colors too. It is so interesting how certain verses stood out to me at different times.
10. Journal or write about what what YAHWEH has revealed to you. You could even write a good old-fashioned letter of encouragement to someone who needs it.
Pray, pray, pray. Satan doesn’t want you to read YAHWEH’S Word and especially to share it with others. Don’t let that keep you from the truth.
“Resist the devil and he will flee from you.”
~ James 4:7
I encourage you to continue to study your Bible and grow to know YAHWEH more and more every day.
Blessings to you.